Sunday, June 16, 2013

precisely

IMG_1137

Sometimes we like to go on Adventures.

Our Adventures usually consist of the back country somewhere.

For instance on this last adventure we did not see another person – all day.

IMG_0051

These adventures feed my soul.

The beauty, The solace, The people I am with.

I am so grateful for these moments in life.

Speaking of moments -

I had a moment on this last adventure,

Maybe you have heard….

IMG_1295

I was stuck, and I uttered these words,

loudly,

“I am in Trouble!”

My mind was a little frantic….

IMG_0045

In that exact moment-

my son calmly yelled up at me  -

“Mom I have a pocket knife will that help?”

You see I had caught my glove in the ATC-

and it was jammed-

so I could not move up, or down.

IMG_1277

That knife was precisely what I needed.

He threw it up to me -

landed it right in my lap-

and within a little bit I was safe on the ground.

IMG_0030

I watched as Mookie –

grabbed that pocket knife out of the car-

and put it is his pack.

No one else had a knife with them.

It was a little knife.

When I first saw it  -

I thought, ”oh my this might not help.”

IMG_0041

But precisely -

because it was so small I was able to stick it inside the ATC-

and cut the glove away until I could move.

I know this could have been A LOT worse!!

That is what has been on my mind this week.

IMG_1165

I keep thinking over and over.

What I needed in that precise moment -

Was provided!!

And I know with all of my heart

.IMG_0055

This was no coincidence.

So..

I humbly give thanks to Heavenly Father

IMG_1142

For the inspiration my son received to grab that Pocket knife-

and provide me with the precise thing I needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you babe, your the best friend I've ever had.
rog

Jami said...

Love this post!! Love how our needs are ALWAYS met through others:) Miss you girl!

Aunt Tiff said...

you amaze me...wish i was as adventurous as you!!