Monday, July 15, 2013

Coming to America

DSCN9523

What can you say about Washington DC that has not been said by poets and patriots.

DSCN9593

What picture can you take that a million others haven’t already taken?

 

I am deliriously tired-

and it is late-

and here I am trying to put into pictures and words

what a meaningful trip this was for me.

DSCN9640

If you want a vacation go to the beach or on a cruise.

Which I am all for – tomorrow!

(need a vacation – from my vacation)

If you want to learn, love, smile, cry, be amazed, and be proud to be an American

-head to DC.

DSCN9557

and I must say -

Hooray for DC!

‘cause you do it with class and style.

DSCN9569

The memorials, the Museums are gorgeous and tasteful.

Some are awe inspiring, and some are heart wrenching.

All leave a lasting impression.

DSCN9596

I would like to vote DC as the City with the most American flags waving.

The architecture caught my eye

- all varied – and different -

but from every single building large and small

a flag (or two) was waving.

DSCN9660

Beautiful!

IMG_1810

I hope I came away from this trip

a little wiser, a little more grateful, and little more curious.

I hope the men, and women who gave so much-

will think it was worth it.

I hope I  LOVE America a little more-

and will honor their sacrifices.

IMG_1720

Thank you to our tour guides – Thanks Josh for getting an internship in DC for US!

Thanks Little Princess for the best Birthday – We had a perfectly lovely time.

We love you!

DSCN9711

Thanks Mookie for your hard work in school this year so we could go!

Thanks for being so interested in LIFE!

You are constantly teaching me things that are incredibly fascinating.

Thanks for being my travel buddy!

 

DSCN9685

Classic Picture.

Just had to include it!

DSCN9703

Maybe the best Photo of the Trip.

IMG_1657

Self Portrait!

- as in I did not take very many pictures of me on this trip -

so this will do nicely.

IMG_1820

(custard/frozen ice – you can even have them mixed – with some very unique flavors

– and seriously with a sign like this who is not coming back.)

Thank you Rita’s for bringing us happiness.

- EVERY NIGHT-

photo (8)

SHE’S COMING TO AMERICA!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Tiff said...

I was only 11 when I visited DC for the first time, then again when I was 16. What an amazing city. It's on my bucket list to do with my hubby...hopefully sooner than later!!