Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Riot of Color

DSCN5912 

A long weekend, the Family, and a slot canyon.

What a great combination.

DSCN5916

Slot Canyons in Southern Utah there is nothing else like them.

And when I say nothing else, I really mean it - Nothing Else!

DSCN5939

Their spectacular beauty – and

DSCN5944

the best surprises around every corner.

DSCN5957 (2)

Not to mention the light

sweet, sweet light.

DSCN5968 (2)

I promise I only have 200 hundred more photos to go

– I can’t get enough.

DSCN5981

Well, maybe you can visit this charming hike and experience it for your self.

Kanarraville Creek Waterfall Trail  This incredible hike begins up behind the municipal water tank in the small town of Kanarraville, Utah.Take I-15 and just past Cedar City, you get off at the Kanarraville exit.

DSCN5969

The frontage road takes you about 2 miles to the town. Once there, locate 100 North and follow it up to the water tank. Park and walk from there. The trail leading to the falls is obvious. Sooner or later your shoes are going to get wet. At the two water falls that we saw there are make shift ladders . If you are very careful you can climb up and over the waterfalls and continue upstream from there.

DSCN5991

This is a family friendly hike – we saw kids as young as about six. Out and back, so let the kiddies set the pace and turn around when they are done.

This is a gem of a hike you do not want to miss.

DSCN5965

Places, and times like this are a treasure.

DSCN5947

And I know it is there waiting for me to visit again, and again.

2 comments:

bonnie j said...

Looks like fun! We want to go! You are a great photographer Jenne...beautiful shots.

dana liston said...

I want to go! That looks like so much fun.