Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Don’t ya want to

DSCN6003

come with me?

DSCN6008

To a wonderland of Red Rock and Blue Skies. 

Well…..

DSCN6012

just hang on for one wild ride.

DSCN6033

Trust me – it’s worth it.

DSCN6020

Trust me – you’ll love it.

DSCN6048  

Bring your water ‘cause it is dry and

Hot, HOT, HOT!!

DSCN6038

The only water we saw,

and I wouldn’t let her drink it.

Look no Pollywogs.

Ya can’t drink it if there’s no Pollywogs

– isn’t papa proud of me right now.

 

DSCN6022

Height has advantages in the canyons -

The taller you are the better, or so he told his sisters.

DSCN6054

Her first time and she saved my life,

Belle save me I yelled!

-and she yelled back-

I’ve never been cayoneering before.

DSCN6063

So glad I lived to tell about it.

Okay, now I think about it

It wasn’t

that close of a call

DSCN6064

So don’t ya?

Don’t ya want to come with me.

DSCN6067

I know an excellent tour guide,

and a bunch of crazies just waiting to go again.

 

FYI: this is Yankee Doodle Canyon

Trailhead - Take the road to Silver Reef from Leeds off of I-15 heading toward Pine Valley Mountain. About 8 miles up the dirt road there will be a pull-out on the right. Where you should find a cairn on the left side of the road. Follow the trail 100 yards until the canyon floor drops out abruptly. This Canyon can have water at certain times of year, and is rated a 3AI – so some canyoneering knowledge is needed.

2 comments:

joleen said...

So beautiful! I love your pictures! I'm inspired to try a slot again, will Layne come? I better show him your blog!

Unknown said...

That looks super fun. Someday I want to take my kids to do things like that