Thursday, December 25, 2008

Best of Gifts

Christmas is about giving
- I know, I know
- but this little treasure
- Oh, this is the best of the best gifts.


Hubby's mom found a box of her Father's belongings
- inside was a book of poetry he had written in 1924
- she made us this book.
- I love it!














A Morning Prayer
By Clifford McDonald
(1904-1949)

Dear God, I hope this day may be
One that is filled with Light for me.
With work that I may gladly do
With little deeds of kindness too.













I pray that I may show the power
Of faith I have that every hour
My hands, my brain, my heart and soul
May reach toward some shinning goal.



Dear God I hope the day will be
A triumph and a victory.













But if I meet with sadness,
I pray for the courage not to cry.
I ask that with the setting sun
My every task may be well done.



Zona's Father died when she was 12 years old.
This is the Best Kind of Gift.
How do you say Thank You for something that is priceless.



4 comments:

chocolatepig said...

I love the old photos! That is an Awesome Gift to receive. GO ZONA!

Jami said...

I love gifts like that - SWEET!! It looks like you had a great Christmas. CHEERS to friendship and a beautiful 2009!!

Mindy Hill said...

Those are the best gifts of all! I think Isaac is right about YOU!

grandma zona said...

I have tears right now as I just looked at your Christmas articles. It means a lot to me that you appreciate the book of my Dad's. Reading the peom on the blog; it really is good poetry. You are also very gifted and thanks for sharing those talents. Love, Zona