Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Spirit

IMG_20121201_141705

Whether there is snow,

or not.

Maybe we are all together in our comfy jammies,

Watching A Christmas Story,

(fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra…)

or maybe we are all over the world,

like a bunch of tourists.

Sometimes we like our Christmas lights

looking out through the frosted windows at an evergreen tree,

or maybe strung on a palm tree.

We have found both uniquely wonderful and delightful.

Every season has something for us to learn and appreciate.

Just like the memories I have of little ones waking me up at 5am.

And the other times dragging the teenagers from bed

to make them excited for what Santa worked so hard to bring.

I have begun to understand and even – enjoy every season in life.

Thank goodness my kids are enjoying the different seasons of life they are in.

It brings peace to my heart.

This Christmas the lights seem to be a little brighter.

The Chocolate a little richer.

The Christmas Spirit a little sweeter

 

IMG_20121201_141755

 

I have enjoyed the music, and not having to go to the mall at all.

I am thankful for good food, prepared by family and friends, and 

instead of rushing – spending a few extra minutes listening to stories.

I have LOVED, LOVED preparing a simple sharing time

that reminded me of who truly is the Light of the world,

and why we have celebrated this season for over 2,000 years.

 

DSCN9263[1]

And a sweet missionary who reminds us every week that

it is truly better to give then it is to get.

So to my family who is literally scattered all over the world at the moment.

May the Spirit of Christmas find you and glow in your corner of the world as brightly as it is in ours.

May you find the unique beauty that is every where in this beautiful world we live in.

 

(photo from LDS.org)

May you feel the Christmas Spirit and remember

Who truly is the Light of the world.

 

The Christmas Spirit

is a beautiful thing my friends, truly beautiful!

2 comments:

grandma zona said...

Jen, You write wonderful thoughts and have fantastic pictures. I always read them and love the memories. Thanks, Zona

bonnie j said...

This is just beautiful. I love the pictures and your thoughts...you inspire me Jenne!