Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Walking with the Angel Part Two

p1010068

Time to confess.

I am a tad bit afraid of heights, ledges, drops offs, cliffs, and any combination of the above.

As proven by this picture – I did make it to the top of Angel’s Landing in 2002. Then again in 2008.

DSCN5511

But not this time.

I stayed at the saddle.

My fear of heights is a little different then normal peoples fear of heights.

Did I just say I’m not normal.

Oh well, it may or may not be true, but I have never heard of anyone else having this version.

I am not scared for my self, but for him.

DSCN5513

And for cute grandpa’s

DSCN5528

carrying the cutest baby.

DSCN5551

It is a little sketchy, you know.

I have a fear of watching something happen to someone else, especially if the someone else is someone I love.

DSCN5543

Yes, I am nervous for everyone of them.

DSCN5559

Mostly for those I am sorry to say that should not be doing this.

Please, I beg you do not DO THIS.

There are cliff, and ledges, and drop offs that go a long, long, long, way down.

I tell ya I’ve been there.

DSCN1222

In spite of this crippling fear, that made me stay below, and chew my finger nails.

He made it.

DSCN1223

All the way to the top, and then some.

DSCN1221

First words when he got down

“MOM what’s the big deal.”

Now you know why I have this teensy little fear of heights.

2 comments:

LaurieJ said...

This post made my plams sweat. Carlie has made me promise that I will never hike that or make the kids hike it. That hsuold be an easy promise to keep :-)

grandma zona said...

Those are neat pictures, and Jen, I didn't know you were so worried or then I would have been even more worried.
Thanks for making it a fun and safe hike for everyone. OH, to be young again. Love, Grandma Z