Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday’s Book

Yoga Beyond Belief

In honor of the yoga workshop I went to last weekend.

When you read this book you might understand why I am Yoga Crazy.

I always have a pen to underline when I read – my kids hate to read a book after I have read it- Sorry Kiddies!

Look what I have underlined in this book.

“Our bodies can teach us and speak to us (as silly as that may sound). When we do not listen, the body stops wasting energy and just adjusts to our bad habits. When we begin to live more sensitively and to watch and tune in, the body will tentatively begin giving us feedback again the process reverses. Our own bodies can become our most important teachers. When watching and listening to feedback, it is important to pay attention to immediate effects as well as intermediate effects and long-term effects of the practices. We keep  an eye on how our practice affects us in the moment, what the effects are the next day, and several days later. We may not be able to see all the effects exactly or specifically, but staying as attentive as possible will go a long way.”  - Ganga White

Wake that body up- we all need to do this so we can stand on our hands at 80! Don’t laugh I have seen it.

This is a book I will refer to often ‘cause I am Yoga Crazy and loving life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Yoga, what does one have to do to become a certified yoga teacher?

brit said...

i love this quote! and it's not just our bodies that speak to us! kyle and i have recommitted to keeping things simple so we have time and space to hear what needs to be heard . . .

i wish you were my yoga teacher. i would be a very dedicated student. miss ya!